- ‘Request Documents’ from participants/parents (new dedicated workflow). We’ve now built in the ability for FC administrators to request a parent/participant to upload a document directly within FormConnect. The ‘request document’ shortcut has been added to the main left hand feature menu. Sending a document request will result in an email being delivered to the participant or parent/guardian contact with a smart link to directly upload the requested document. This is a very easy workflow for both parents and administrators. Some common examples would be: Child photo, medical forms, copies of official documents (drivers license, birth certificate, etc.). We’ve renamed the Forms feature to ‘Form and Document Requests’ so now all form requests and document upload requests can be tracked/filtered and displayed in one table.
- Custom Landing Pages per Service Provider. We’ve just rolled out a new custom ‘front door’ landing page for each of our clients. This is unique URL for each client that also displays all of your current/active programs. Simply go to the primary service provider < settings page; and enter in a ‘short name’ to use as the ending piece of the custom URL. Example: https://app.formconnect.com/formconnect-demo You can use this new URL when providing parents/clients with a link to the FormConnect application. Updating the ‘client description’ box allows you to include any additional information about your organization that you’d want to display on this landing page.
- Break out of transactional fees to be paid directly by end user. A few weeks ago we rolled out the option to break out transaction fees to be itemized and added to the users total within their cart at checkout. The parent/participant will see the breakout of transaction fees (from Stripe) and the FormConnect service fee. If you have any questions regarding these fees, feel free to reach out to FormConnect support. You can set the default transaction fees setting by going to the settings page (as the primary service provider user), and clicking the ‘break transaction fees’ option, as seen below. You can also toggle this option at the program level when editing or creating a new program.
Addition of google sheets as an export option for data/tables. If you don’t have or even like using excel, you can now export reports or spreadsheets directly to google sheets. Simply choose google sheets as your export option, and enter in the email address linked to your google account. You’ll immediately receive an email with a link to the editable google spreadsheet.
Conditional form editor inputs for drop down and multi-select fields. Have you ever wanted to add a conditional input box on a form element to be entered only if the user selects a certain option or value? Well now you can. See below for common examples and how we can now handle these.Examples:Does your child have allergies? 0 Yes 0 No If yes, specify__________Which school does your child attend? 0 Cider Mill 0 Miller 0 Redding Elementary 0 Other. If Other selected, specify_________________.If the user selects ‘Yes’ or ‘Other’ values, you can now specify an additional text box designed to capture the additional information, which only pops up if the user selects the ‘yes’ or ‘other’ options. You can even mark that conditional input as required (when yes or other is selected).
- A few more miscellaneous improvements:
– Improved page load times on historically slow loading pages. We have identified a few tables and pages within the application that were taking too long to load. Yes, we know, some of them were frustratingly slow! So we’ve refactored a handful of these pages and they are now much improved! Check out the financials reports, main program pages, and individual program pages for some much improved page load times.
– Pay offline feature moved to program and service provider level. We’ve always had the ‘pay offline’ setting option at the service provider level, but have just updated this to also be an option at the individual program level. So you can adjust your default setting within the primary service provider < settings (dropdown option under your name); but now you can also toggle this option on or off at the individual program level. (when editing or creating a new program). Enabling the pay offline feature gives the end users (participants/parents) the option to register to a program without paying online. They do receive a transaction receipt of their program registration, but it does say in big bold letters that their registration is not official until payment is made to you.
– Added validation for ‘landscape oriented’ photos and documents. Now any pdf or image files that are ‘landscape’ oriented will upload correctly and display in the landscape orientation.
– Added transparency on broadcast communications feature. Our new broadcast communications feature is allowing administrators to target important communications to current participants/parents. We’ve added some new information including status, timestamps and underlying delivery stats. (Just click on the ‘Sent’ status to see the underlying delivery stats)
Social Sign OnWe have just re-designed the login / account activation screen to ensure any user accessing our application can do so as quickly and easily as possible. We’ve added Google and Apple social signon button options. When a user clicks either of these options, their browser/device should hopefully already have these accounts logged in; and will allow the user to quickly proceed by giving Google or Apple permission to share high level user data with FormConnect. We will match the user’s name and email address against any existing account information and then quickly log them right into their existing account. If there is no existing account match, a new account will be created with which they can proceed. * Note that all staff and administrators should continue to utilize current credentials when accessing the FC application.
Reply to FunctionWithin the FC application there are many places where a service provider / staff account can send a form or a communication to a participant or to a program of participants. Historically we have seen some parents/users reply to these system generated emails and they come to FormConnect support. Now anytime you are sending a communication out to participants/parents you can designate the ‘reply to’ recipient. You can choose from the main Service Provider primary account, yourself or any staff member. If a parent/participant replies directly to the email notification, that email will be delivered directly to whomever you specify as the ‘reply to’ email address.
Broadcast CommunicationsThis brand new feature has been long anticipated; and gives our clients the ability to target communications directly to program participants. Communications will be delivered either via email or SMS to participants or parents/guardians of participants based on the communication preferences that they set on their profile. (If you target a message to participant Timmy Smith, it will go to his parents based on their communication preferences) On the main menu you’ll notice a new menu feature labeled ‘Broadcast‘, as well as a shortcut button ‘Create Communication‘. This feature has been designed and rolled out for our clients to target communications to existing audience/clientele only. You can send a message to 1 participant, many or all participants, or all participants enrolled in a specific program. **Note that importing lists or creating participant records of non affiliated users in an attempt to send marketing communications to these individuals is against FormConnect’s terms and conditions and will result in suspension of your account.Creating your communication: Specify your communication ‘Title’ which will be the subject of the email and the title of the communication. Category ‘General Message’ will be for mass communications and ‘Single Send’ should be reserved for sending a one off communication to a specific individual. You can choose to schedule delivery at a specific day/time or select ‘Send Immediately’ to send within a few minutes of clicking ‘Save and Send’. Select which participants or program you’d like to send your communication to, and add them as recipients. Finally, you can preview your communication and/or send a test ‘Email’ or ‘SMS’ message to yourself to review before sending.A few additional items to note:* If you send a message out today it will come from ‘FormConnect Support’ (firstname.lastname@example.org). Upon our next deployment you will be able to establish a ‘Sender’ (one per service provider) and a ‘reply to’ email. So if you are ABC Preschool; you can set the sender name as ‘ABC Preschool’ with the reply to address as email@example.com.* The default communication method is email, but participants or parents can log in and update this to email, SMS, or both.* Templates. Not selecting any template will result in basic email or text message formatting. We plan to add some default template options from SendGrid down the road, and may even be able to load client specific templates in the future.
- Abandoned Shopping Cart Report. Now FC administrators can run a report to see all users who have started registering a child to a program and abandoned or left this pending. Simply go to the Reports page and click on ‘Abandoned Shopping Cart Report’. Pro Tip: Check this regularly to identify potential new program registrants, and message users who have abandoned the registration process to entice or remind them to finish their enrollment/ registration.
- Addition of ‘Date Created’ in Participants’ page table. Per request, we have added a ‘date created’ field to the participants table on the ‘Participants Page’. Along with the ‘new’ flag, you can now sort by creation date to easily see any/all new participant records that have been created within your FormConnect instance. If you ever identify any duplicate accounts, just send them over to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ and we’ll get these merged. We plan to release our merge tool to FC administrators later this year.
Ability to run Form Data export/reports by Program and enrollment spot. This is a huge timesaver and a great new feature! You will no longer need to toggle between enrollment exports and form data reports. Now, you can apply program and/or enrollment spot filters directly to the Form Data report; to pull all data captured in forms, directly for the program or enrollment spot you are working on. Head to the Reporting page and then click on ‘Form Data Reports‘. Select the form you want to extract data from and click the ‘Export’ button. Here you will be able to select which program and/or enrollment spots (along with each piece of data you wish to select) to export into one nice excel file report.Example: You have a standard ‘camper information form’ or ‘enrollment form’ that contains specific data captured from parents; which they filled out upon enrollment. Teachers or staff for each program / enrollment spot can now run this report to obtain any piece of information captured in a form, specifically for the children that are registered in that program and/or specific enrollment spot. OR You need to quickly find all allergies or medical conditions for all those enrolled in Program X. This is where you can now quickly pull any/all data captured in forms, by a specific program / enrollment spot.
- Custom Thank you Message Company Blurb. We’ve implemented a new custom thank you / success message that each user receives after submitting a form OR checking out of their shopping cart when registering for a program. This message includes a space for you to provide a quick summary or ‘about’ writeup on your organization. You can edit this within your service provider instance settings under Location < Edit location < About your Organization Thank you Message. ** Note we highly recommend adding something here or else the Thank you popup message will look incomplete.
- Attendance Module. We have rolled out an attendance module to help keep track of participant attendance. This new module has been incorporated into the current program enrollment feature, and can be enabled within the main location settings page. Once enabled the attendance module allows Service Providers the ability to fully track participant attendance within a program at each enrollment spot level. The application can capture the following data points; [ Time in, Time out, date, marked as (present, half day, absent), picked up by, and entered by.] It was also designed so that you can easily bulk enter attendance for all selected participants and/or all selected dates, in one quick action. Parents can see attendance within participant profiles and even enter or update missing attendance data (which is not entered until approved by administrators). The attendance module comes equipped with an exportable report so that you can pull this data in pdf excel or .csv format.
- QR Codes. QR Codes are a quick way for end users to access a specific website or application, using the camera on their mobile device. Instead of typing out a website URL they can scan the image and be brought directly to the webpage in question. We have incorporated QR Code generation for the main page that displays all of your available programs, each specific public program page, as well as on any digitized form. You’ll notice the ‘QR Code’ button
Abandoned Form and Abandoned Shopping Cart Reminders.We have added two automated reminder email notifications that go out to users who have A. Started completing a form but did not finish/submit the form. B. Added enrollment items to their shopping cart but never paid or ‘checked out’. Each time a user does one of these actions they will receive an email notification reminder first after 24 hours, and then once more approximately 1 week later if they haven’t since submitted the form or checked out the items in their shopping cart. Later this summer we will be rolling out an abandoned shopping cart report for admins, so you can always pull a list of all users who have pending items in their shopping cart.
Form Upload Updates.We have added some new functionality around form and document uploads. First, parents can now upload multiple PDF documents together to upload as a single document or multi-page form. Second, FormConnect administrators can now upload files on behalf of participants. So if a parent submits a form via email or other manner, you can now upload that form as a pdf or image file in place of the form that is pending. An administrator uploading a form on behalf of a participant will always change that form status to ‘Approved’.
- New table sort functions and pagination. We have just applied new pagination to all table across the application so that users can decide the number of displayable results on each table. All column headers where alphanumeric sort is applicable have also been updated to sort appropriately.
- Single Send digital forms rolled out. This is a fantastic new feature that tackles the use case where you need to send a unique form/ waiver/ document to a specific participant or parent. You can now click the ‘Send for Signature’ button, upload your document, apply digital field elements (name, signature, text response) and quickly send that digitized document to a parent/participant to sign and return. Example use cases include: A. Sending student assessments that need to be reviewed and signed/acknowledged by parents. B. Sending a waiver for a specific medical incident or behavioral issue (administering an epi pen, or a child bit another student, etc.)
- Clone Programs capability. You can now clone any current or previously created programs. Simply click ‘clone program’ from the dropdown actions list. All inputs, descriptions and options are identical to the original program you’ve just cloned. You will simply need to review all program settings and make the necessary updates for your new program. This should include reviewing the required forms, enrollment spot descriptions quantities and prices, waitlist options, and public enrollment settings. This is a big time saver!!
- Form based status notifications. Form based status notifications are received when parents submit forms, or when the status is changed to approved or rejected (pushed back to parent to make updates). They were originally hard coded to be delivered to the primary administrator only. Each staff member (or administrator) now has their own notification settings. You can choose to disable notifications, receive them immediately or even in daily or weekly digest emails. For staff accounts you will only receive notifications that pertain to the locations that you have access to. To edit your notification settings go to your account < edit profile. Click the ‘notification’ box and then select if you’d like to receive form status notifications immediately, or in daily or weekly digest format.
- Program payments processed outside of FormConnect. For clients who use our program enrollment feature who also accept cash, check or additional payment methods outside of the FormConnect application, you can now reflect these outside payments directly within FormConnect. When you are on your program page, click ‘add enrollment’ and you now can add your participant as enrolled and account for their payment method. (Check, cash, waived, other). Additionally, if you select ‘credit card’, you can now process the payment through the application for your participant if they provided you with their credit card information. Don’t forget to add any additional info in the ‘Notes’ section; as this data will display within enrollment tables and reports.
- Download all completed forms. A few of our clients have asked for a quick way to download ‘all’ forms completed by parents. Within our Reports page we have added a ‘Download Completed Forms’ button. Clicking this button will produce a zip file of all completed forms, in pdf format. You can sort by specific form and then highlight them in bulk to mass print these, or save to a local drive.
- Improved enrollment and form completion workflow. If you are utilizing program enrollment and also require the completion of a form during the registration process, we’ve made some improvements that help streamline this process for parents. Once a parent enrolls a participant (or multiple participants) into a program, the required form is automatically assigned to each enrolled participant. The parent receives both a popup window with a link to complete each form, along with an email with a hyperlink to complete the form. This will ensure that for any program enrollments that also require forms to be submitted, that this takes place easily while parents are registering.